Background

Monday, February 15, 2010

When I Grow Up...

Dentist. Lawyer. Teacher. Doctor. Banker. President.

It's a decision I only want to make once. My career. I will not be 35 years old and deciding then that I actually DIDN'T want to be the manager of Target. (Not that that would ever happen anyway, trust me...)But I think you get what I'm saying. For me, it's a one-time decision that I do not want to mess up. So naturally, it would require a lot of thought. Which it does. But it's something that I have put off thinking about, for a few reasons. One being, I don't graduate high school for another 3 and a half years, so why worry about it now? Well... That reason wasn't very practical. I mean, everyone at school is pressuring you into picking a career, and it gets really annoying if you don't know what you want to do for the rest of your life. Sorry it's taking me so long. Geez. But that wasn't the only reason... If you know me at all, you probably know by now that I'm not a very good decision-maker. So I would always second-guess whatever I had finally decided on, and then change my mind the next day. I was pretty much setting myself up for disaster, because I would end up putting it off until my graduation day, and then for sure pick the wrong career. So I figure that the earlier I decide what I want to do, the better.

So one day when I just happened to be thinking about it, I ended up getting the idea of... Wedding Planner. Depending on who you are, it might seem like a great career or a recipe for failure. And honestly, it could be both. Depending on how you go about it. I think we all know that you couldn't just say one day, "I want to be a wedding planner!" and do it well, and make a decent living. That couldn't happen, no matter who you are. But if you know that it's what you want to do... And plan for it ahead of time, I think it can be very practical. And considering that I am still in high school... I think my timing is pretty good!

A Wedding Planner. Doesn't it just seem fun? I mean, Wedding. Planner. Planning weddings. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I have always liked them, and absolutely LOVE being in them. To me, weddings are one of the most fun things you can do. It seems as though EVERYONE is in a good mood. And if that weren't all, there's the flowers, the pretty white dress, the music, the mood... Who wouldn't want their job to involve that, all of the time? Sounds good to me!

I have never personally been there obviously, but just watching newly engaged couples is fun. They're so happy. Their whole life is in front of them. And they want your help to start their life together. Who wouldn't want that?

I want a job that makes me happy. Something that is fun, but also puts that bread on the table. For me, it just seems like a natural, fun fit.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment