Background

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nothing is Forever

On Monday morning around 9:40am, I found out that my aunt Connie, my dad’s deceased brother’s wife, had died. I didn’t know her very well, but the fact of knowing a family member had passed still had its effects on me. Her husband died two years ago, and now that both of them are gone, makes realize that once something’s gone, something’s gone. Every once in a while when I got a chance to see either of them, they would always talk about all of the funny memories and stories they had with their two sets of twins. Although I may have only heard a few of the book-worthy stories, it made me realize that I will never have another chance to hear those. Of course a death in the family is always a shock, but we should never assume that you’ll for sure see the person again. I regret not getting to know my aunt and uncle better, but there’s nothing I can do about that now. Treat each day like your last, and know that nothing is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment