Background

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Just a rant and some other fun stuff.


Am I the only one that hates buying things from Forever 21?
In magazines, online, and in person all anyone ever talks about as far as cute clothes go, is how much they LOVE F21 and how it's so cute and so cheap.
Yes, they're cute. And yes, they're cheap.
But everything FALLS APART the first time you wash it! What's the point in even buying the darn things if they don't last?
I bought a plain, longsleeved red t-shirt there a couple months ago, for like $7. Don't know what I was thinking. When I got home and ripped the price tag off, the tag that says the size came right off with it. Not that big of a deal, but that sort of just screams 'low quality' right there. And now it's starting to get a little hole in it towards the top. Not a big deal for now, but I know in about 5 washes I won't be able to wear it anymore.

ANYWAY.

On another note. I just got back from the family Christmas party I mentioned in my blanks yesterday. It was so fun! I played Apples to Apples with about half the family, and it was the first time I've ever played it. (Weird, right?) That game is sweet! Too bad my family consists of only 3 people, total. Right? Haha. Guess we'll have to save it for family get-togethers!

In other OTHER news...


How cute's this scarf from Gap? I'm not a fan of orange or red (which, this scarf seems to be an odd mix of them both), but I want this. Unfortunately, at just under $30, it's a little too rich for my (teenager-with-no-job) blood.

Hope everyone's having a fabulous weekend. :)

4 comments:

  1. YES! I hate Forever 21 too! It seems like you have to layer 100 things to get a decent look and don't even get me started on the lack of organization in their store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty scarf :). i have to say i am one of those f21 lovers. i think you just have to choose the right things because i've had many of my f21 items for 2-3 years! some things are super crappy, but you can definitely find some nicer pieces if you hunt. and their jeans are actually really great and SO cheap! i used to buy expensive designer jeans, but they were always so thin they'd wear holes. my new favorite pair of jeans is from f21. a whopping $12.50 and i've had them for a year and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for the advice, Lauren. That could definitely be it... maybe I'm just not looking at the right things. Maybe I should give them a second chance. :) And I will DEFINITELY be checking out their jeans!

    Emily- Haha, I know what you mean about the layout.

    ReplyDelete