Background

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to School...

As it is already August 25, I think it is time to start realizing that school is rapidly approaching.
Every year I tend to view the first day of school, I think about it the same.
Girls squealing at seeing their 'best friends' for the first time since last year, guys standing around in huddles trying to look cool, and myself trying not to look dumb wandering around the school looking for my friends. That's how it normally goes, but in reality the first day of school is so much more than that.
It's the nervous feeling you get when you have to announce to the entire class who you are, even though everybody already knows. It's doing the 'About Me' project all period, so the teacher can get to know you. It's feeling immense relief at the end of the day, upon returning home. And, it's doing those 28 vocab words Mrs. Balk will assign you for homework on the first day. (Thank goodness I don't have her this year!)

I thought it would be a good idea to have some goals for this school year. Some of them are:
-Make at least 3 new friends
-End with a 4.0 GPA each semester
-Give 100% effort at all assignments, not just 80-85%.
-Study. A lot. Seriously. I need to work on this one.

Hopefully the 2010-11 school year will be one of the best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment